Do you have woods in your backyard? The Woods in Your Backyard webinar series teaches land stewardship through nine live (one-hour), online evening lectures — designed specifically (but not exclusively) for landowners with 10 or less acres.
If you own land that is wooded, have natural areas, are interested in creating new natural areas, and you would like to create wildlife habitat, improve water quality, and enhance aesthetics, then you should join the Penn State Extension for this informative webinar series!
Sessions run from 7:00 P.M. to 8:30 P.M. on Wednesday nights for nine weeks, beginning Wednesday, January 27. The deadline for registration is Wednesday, January 20, 2021.
All lectures are recorded and can be viewed later if a live session is missed. Topics covered in the webinars include:
- Why Backyard Woods are Important
- Importance of Woods to Healthy Watersheds
- Trees and Shrubs for Different Sites and Objectives
- Providing and Enhancing Wildlife Habitat
- Forest Ecology and Woodlot Management Techniques
- Invasive Plant Identification and Control
- Converting Open Land to Meadows and Woods
- Healthy Woods: Common Insects and Diseases
- Getting Started: Mapping Out Your Plan
For more information and to register, visit the Penn State Extension website or call 877-345-0691.