Funding for the Lumber Heritage Region 2022 Mini Grant Program is provided through the Pennsylvania Heritage Areas Program Fund, under the administration of the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Bureau of Recreation and Conservation and therefore must adhere to all statewide rules and regulations. Eligible applicants for the program would include non-profit 501(c)3 organizations (with a current Bureau of Charitable Trust Certificate http://www.dos.pa.gov/BusinessCharities/Charities/Pages/default.aspx), municipalities, COG’s, Conservation Districts, Educational Institutions, and Housing and Redevelopment Authorities. The project must be located within the boundaries of the Lumber Heritage Region. Boundaries include all or portions of the following counties: Warren, McKean, Potter, Tioga, Lycoming, Clinton, Clearfield, Jefferson, Forest, Cameron, Elk, Centre, Indiana, Cambria, and Clarion. (If applying in Indiana, Cambria or Clarion, please call for eligibility)
Who is Eligible:
The type of grants considered will be projects that implement recommendations of the LHR Management Action Plan, or strategic priorities outlined below. Eligible project activities would include but not limited to:
- Educational pieces that promote the forest products industry and the heritage of the region.
- Media pieces that highlight the history, heritage, diversity, and/or recreational opportunities in the region.
- Packaged itineraries and products associated with those itineraries.
- Elements from existing plans including but not limited to trails, watershed, greenway, or heritage community plans.
- Projects highlighting the LHR Diversity Study and other diversity related projects.
- Interpretive Panels highlighting History and Heritage, Forest Sustainability, Diversity and Inclusion, Forest Products Industry jobs.
For more information on the Grant Process and the Application, please visit https://lumberheritage.org/grants/2719-2/
Or contact the Lumber Heritage Region Executive Director Holly Komonczi at (814) 761-4207 email: firstname.lastname@example.org